Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HIMMH: Part Two

After our first date, I was ecstatic. I had the biggest crush on Michael and it seemed like he liked me as well. I secretly hoped he would ask me to be his girlfriend. A week went by and I didn't really hear from him. He'd say hi if he was walking to his friends house and I was outside. But he never called me like he said he would. I was devastated. To my surprise, his best friend and his mom came over to borrow some chairs for a party. He asked how our date was and I said it was great. He asked if we were going to go out again. I didn't know. Then he tells me, " I don't want to seem like a jerk but I think you shouldn't go out with him again." I asked why. He said, " he is a lion and you are a sheep. All he wants is meat and when he gets it, he'll leave."  That honestly broke my heart. Being a dumb and immature 16 year old, I believed him because his best friend wouldn't lie right? Michael was a great looking guy who was constantly chased by girls. Of course he didnt really like me? I wasn't as good looking as the girls who were constantly trying to get with him.2 weeks went by and Michael still hadnt called me back. I cried and just accepted the fact he didn't really like me at all. His best friend ended up asking me out and I said yes because I thought that would be the only way to get over him. We only dated for 2 weeks. He cheated on me and left me. I didnt really care because I never liked him anyways. We had only hung out once anyways. Michael did eventually call me but we were distant. He was upset over the fact I "dated" his bff and I was upset because I was head over heels for him, but he didnt know that. We stopped talking for a while but would randomly say hi to each other. I was a heartbroken. He graduated from high school in 2009 and decided to move back to Texas after that. I found out and my heart broke into a million pieces. He messaged me saying goodbye and that was it. We got closer again while he lived in Texas and we even became best friends. I was happy that we were talking again and that was good enough for me. I was still head over heels for him or you could say "in love." At the end of 2009, I met my ex and in May, he asked me out and I said yes. I knew I never had a chance with Michael. Why would he like a girl like me? A month after getting with my now ex, Michael surprised everyone and moved back. I was so happy my best friend was moving back. I had missed him. I missed seeing him across the street everyday and knowing he was always there. He actually stopped by to talk for a bit. I melted once again but I had a boyfriend now so I had to put those feelings away. My relationship with my ex was a horrible one. Let's just say I was constantly upset and always crying. Somehow, I always ended up calling Michael, crying me eyes out telling him how horrible I was feeling. He constantly told me I didnt deserve to be treated that way. He would say that if I was his girlfriend, I would never be treated so bad. He would always calm me down. Somehow I still stayed with my ex even though he disrespected me and made me feel worthless. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment